Here’s how we’ll approach reading comprehension questions:
- Read the passage
- Read all the questions
- Reread the passage, keeping the questions in your head.
- Do question one, looking back at the passage to be sure it’s the right answer.
- Underline the answer in the passage.
- Write the paragraph number where you found the answer next to the question.
- Repeat steps 4-6 for each question.
This process will ensure that students closely examine the text, and use text evidence, to answer questions about it. If you have any questions, please be sure to drop me a note.