I do not have enough computer headphones for everyone to have their own, so they need to share. If you would prefer that your child not share headphones, you are welcome to send a set of headphones or earbuds to school. The earbuds that fit iPods, iPads, and iPhones fit our computers just fine. Please send them in a zip lock baggie with your child’s name on it.
A few FYI items for you:
- It might not be cold outside yet, but our classroom can get chilly. Your child is welcome to bring a sweater or sweatshirt and keep it in their locker for when they need it.
- Stuffed animals, pillow pets, and small blankets are all welcome during reading time. If it makes your child cozy and able to focus on their reading, then I welcome it in our room!
- Please send a water bottle in with your child, if possible. They’re usually pretty hot and thirsty after wellness breaks and recess.
- Home reading and math fact logs MUST be turned in to earn Fun Friday play time. Missing time or incomplete logs will result in a loss of Fun Friday time.
Here's what's on our learning safari for next week
- Reader’s Workshop: Strategies to understand a story
- Writer’s Workshop: Using storyteller voice, and working on meeting goals set for themselves.
- Math: Place Value to 9,999 - including word, standard and expanded forms
Don't forget that Tuesday is an early dismissal day, with open house from 6:00-7:30PM, and Wednesday is picture day.
Please remember that my door is always open if you have any questions or concerns. I also check email frequently. Together we are partners in your child’s education!