Remember, Curl Up and Read is from 2:45-3:15 on November 20. Join your child in the classroom for a special half hour of reading together. Let them share some of their favorite classroom reads with you, and see a little of what they’re learning in action! Siblings from other classes are welcome to join us, as long as you send a note to their teacher. Also, if you want your child to leave our room and go to a sibling’s room, please send a note.
By mid-December we should be done with multiplication and starting division. Division can be tricky for students who don’t know their multiplication facts. So, it’s really important that your child keep working to learn their multiplication facts. It doesn’t matter whether they are memorizing facts written down, playing games, or using an app, do whatever works best for your child. It’s just important they are working on it.
￼A couple of reminders...
- Notes are needed each week a student brings electronics for Fun Friday.
- We have gym every Wednesday. Your child should be wearing sneakers on that day, or bringing them to change into.
Here's what we're learning about next week:
- Reader’s Workshop: Reading for information and main idea/supporting details
- Writer’s Workshop: Personal narrative assessment, then information writing.
- Math: Topic 6, Multiplying by 3, 4, 6, 7, 8
- Social Studies: Northeast Woodland Native Americans
Please remember that my door is always open if you have any questions or concerns. I also check email frequently. Together we are partners in your child’s education!