Friday, November 20, 2015

Weekly Wrap Up

As the holiday season approaches, we often spend a great deal of time thinking about giving to others. At this time of the year, students and their families often like to give gifts to their teachers. This is certainly a very thoughtful and well-appreciated gesture. However, I feel that when one gives, the more people that can receive, the better. So this year, if you and your child would like to give, instead of giving me a gift please consider giving the classroom a gift that all of the children can enjoy. If you want to do this, but need ideas, I’ve asked the kids to help me brainstorm a list of things they’d like to have in the classroom. From that list I created an Amazon wishlist. You can find it here: https://amzn.com/w/NWRDR35SH61C - Please don’t feel obligated to get anything from that list, I just wanted to put together something from the students that has what they wish they could have in their classroom.

Lots of new pictures have been added to our class photo album, you can find it here. Stop by and peek into your child’s life at school!

Remember, conference forms are due soon! Please let me know if you need another copy.

Here's what we're learning about next week:
  • Reader’s Workshop: Reading for information and main idea/supporting details
  • Math: Topic 6, Multiplying by 3, 4, 6, 7, 8
  • Social Studies: Create Native American villages and learn about the first Thanksgiving.

This is the time of year when we often pause to reflect on things we are thankful for. I want you to know that I’m so very thankful to have a class of children who are genuinely nice, care about and help each other, and work hard to learn new things each and every day. It is truly a joy to come to work each day and spend time with your children! They continue to put a smile on my face and make my heart sing! I hope you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Please remember that my door is always open if you have any questions or concerns. I also check email frequently. Together we are partners in your child’s education!

No comments:

Post a Comment