Friday, October 28, 2016

Weekly Wrap Up

Yes, it’s true, I told your kids today that gum is welcome in our room starting on Monday. You should have heard the cheers when I said that! So, as long as it’s okay with you, they can have it in class. The only rules I have are that they can’t share their gum with others (so your child is only doing what you want him/her to do), they have to keep it in their mouth, not chew like a cow, and they can’t lay down with it. If they leave the room for specials, lunch, or a wellness break, they have to throw it away.

Just as a reminder, here are all the ways (as of right now) that I regularly communicate and share information…

  • The newsletter that goes home in print just about every Friday. If your child needs more than one copy and isn’t getting it, please be sure to let me know.
  • This blog, where I post everything from the newsletter, and occasionally post more. You can choose to sign up to be notified by email when I post. Please know that if you ask a question in the comments section of the blog, I’ll respond through my district email.
  • Twitter, where I post almost daily recaps of what we’re learning, pictures, and sometimes links to resources we use in class. You can choose to either sign up on Twitter to follow us at http://twitter.com/MrsCarnevale3rd, or just go to the feed and see what was posted. Like the blog, if you reply to a tweet with a question, I’ll respond through my district email.

As you know, part of our learning often includes participating in a variety of learning experiences using technology. That means that children might be sharing headphones throughout the day. If you do not want your child sharing headphones used by others, in either the classroom or the computer lab, you can send in a pair of headphones or earbuds in a baggie with their name on it. They can keep it either in the classroom or in their locker.

Stuffed animals, pillow pets, and small blankets are all welcome during reading time. If it makes your child cozy and able to focus on their reading, then I welcome it in our room! The items have to stay in their locker until reading time.

Here's what we're learning about next week:
  • Reader’s Workshop: Unit skills review with summarizing, character traits, and predicting.
  • Writer’s Workshop: Finish typing and illustrating personal narrative story. 
  • Math: Topic 4 - Meanings of Multiplication
Please remember that my door is always open if you have any questions or concerns. I also check email frequently. Together we are partners in your child’s education!

No comments:

Post a Comment