Here’s how we approach reading comprehension questions:
- Read the passage
- Read all the questions
- Reread the passage, keeping the questions in your head.
- Do question one, looking back at the passage to be sure it’s the right answer.
- Underline the answer in the passage.
- Write the paragraph number where you found the answer next to the question.
- Repeat steps 4-6 for each question.
Since we only have one full day and one early release day next week, this will be the last newsletter until we return from vacation. December math fact tests will be done on Monday and scores will go home after vacation. Please have your child keep reading during vacation, and keep studying their math facts. Most of all though, I hope your child is able to experience the magic of being a child at this time of year!
Here's what we'll be learning the week of January 5th:
- Reader’s Workshop: Main idea and supporting details
- Writer’s Workshop: Information research and writing
- Spelling: Unit 15 - Words home on Monday, test on Friday
- Math: Topic 7, Division
- Science: Habitats
Please remember that my door is always open if you have any questions or concerns. Together we are partners in your child’s education!