Friday, August 1, 2014

Welcome!

Welcome new Safari Scholars and parents!  I'm having so much fun getting our classroom ready for a fabulous school year!

Kids, remember on the first day of school to bring something small from your summer that you want to share with the class so we can learn about you, and your summer. It might be a picture of someplace you visited, a book you read that you really liked, a picture of a favorite game or toy that you played, or even a rock or shell that you found. Please bring your summer reading logs and math packets, too. There are Tiger Tickets for students who return them. Remember, Tiger Tickets are what you can earn for good behavior and doing your work. Not only can you use them at the school Tiger Mart, but we also have a class store where you can use them!

Parents, I invite you to write me a letter or an email (carnevalea@plainvilleschools.org) telling me what you think is important for me to know about your child. This might include information such as what comes easily to him/her, what he/she finds difficult, what makes your child happy, sad, comfortable, frustrated, etc... It could also include insights into the best ways to help them cope with frustrations, and celebrate joys. You know your child better than anyone else, and I value any information and insight you would like to share with me about him/her.

Enjoy the rest of the summer. I can't wait to meet you all in September!

No comments:

Post a Comment